It has been my dream to create a friendly place, in Paris, where everyone feels free to take care of their well-being (thanks to yoga, community and a healthy diet), but also to share their ideas, emotions and desires. The goal is to create a community with a family atmosphere, so that people gather in a place where they feel “at home” and take the time to rest, refresh their minds and grow. This space is open to all and is collaborative.
Who is this space for?
– Yogis, those who already practice yoga and love it. For them, yoga is not just a sport but a philosophy of life. They wish to deepen their practice, discover new related subjects like Ayurveda*, and integrate yoga into their daily lives. This new space will become their favorite place to learn and practice.
*Ayurveda is one of the world’s oldest holistic (“whole-body”) healing systems. It was developed more than 3,000 years ago in India. It’s based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
– New Yogis, that have heard about Yoga from there friends or read an interesting article about it and want to discover what it’s all about.
– Non Yogis, people interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle
– People interested in becoming a part of a small community
– Pregnant women and young mothers. They are looking for a welcoming, community place, where they and their children are cared for and where they can meet with friends AND with baby.
– Those interested in punctually specific workshops around; Ayurveda, vegetarian/vegan cooking, homemade natural beauty products, Yoga, and how to have a more eco friendly and natural lifestyle.
– People interested in attending fun and educational events like; poetry readings, small concerts, pop ups, book clubs, dinner parties with guest chefs, screenings of documentaries paired with organic vegetarian snacks and beverages.
– Those who want to eat delicious, healthy, and organic vegetarien meals.
– Tourists visiting Paris.
How is it organised?
Chez Cameil comes with several activities:
– The relaxation area is in the heart of Chez Cameil, drinks (coffee, tea, juice) and cakes are available throughout the day. Vegetarian menus are prepared for lunch and a brunch is organised every Saturday.
Everything is self-service so that customers feel free to settle and stay the time they want. In the heart of the space, a large community table allows you to recreate a family atmosphere and get together for practical workshops. Zero waste is at the heart of Chez Cameil’s approach: everything is recyclable or reusable.
This relaxation area also houses a small corner where products related to yoga, natural cosmetics and books on spirituality, cooking or meditation, are on sale.
– A space dedicated to the practice of yoga and meditation.
Yoga classes are given daily. Beyond the traditional Vinyasa and Hatha Integral Yoga, specialised courses are offered (meditation as well as pre and post natal yoga, yin and kids yoga …) and regular workshops to deepen certain practices. There are many guests from all over the world to give workshops such as sound healing classes, detox workshops with juice tasting, full-moon workshops, mindfulness and more.
– An office shared with many health and wellness practitioners like; coaching, massage, acupuncture, and naturopathy.
– Personal development workshops. Cameil also hosts cooking classes, vegetarian and detox, including workshops around naturopathy, guest chefs, the manufacture of natural cosmetics, and zero waste. As well as poetry readings, film screenings or evenings organised around world cultures, politics, the environment and feminism. All these programs aim to encourage exchanges, personal development and cultural diversity, as well as to raise the awareness of the greatest number to the well being and the protection of our environment and us as a community.
– Time spent with children. This place is also intended to be a place open to children and teens to educate them from an early age on issues related to well-being and the protection of the environment. Meditation and philosophy workshops, cooking classes, reading classes … are organised and yoga classes are reserved for them at specific times of the week.
– Outside the walls. Chez Cameil is also exported by organising regular yoga retreats, formations on healthy cuisine and great quality service. Weekends easily accessible from Paris or weeks abroad. The idea is always to extend the exchanges and the community aspect.
– Corporate programs. Chez Cameil can also be put at the disposal of companies in order to organise privileged team building moments. Custom menus and courses can then be offered.
Who is behind the project?
Myself, Cameil Kettenring; private chef, recipe creator, consultant for restaurants and private client services and a certified 500hr Hatha Yoga teacher.
Nourishing the body through yoga and great food have been passions of mine for many years.
I began practicing yoga with my mom when I was a young girl and have been practicing ever since.
Before becoming a yoga teacher I have spent well over 15 years in a kitchen.
I have a degree in applied science through studying the science of baking and classical French patisserie. Throughout the years I have traveled the world cooking and in the past 8 years specialising in health cuisine, gluten free, vegan and vegetarian (both sweet and savoury items) designing recipes for cafés around Paris, France and Monaco.
I want nothing more than the opportunity to continue to share and grow alongside my every growing small beautiful and loving community of friends, family, clients, yogis, and collaborators.